O Christmas Tree

The middle school students at OCCS have been busy getting into the Christmas spirit this week. Decorations and lights abound. We find joy and excitement in this time of year as we anticipate celebrating the birth of our Savior, but have you ever thought about what it is like for your Christmas tree? One eighth grader felt inspired to share how a Christmas tree might possibly feel a bit differently than the rest of us.




Letter From...Who Knows
by Casey Oolman

Hello,
If you're wondering who this is from, IT DOESN'T CONCERN YOU!! Sorry. (NOT SORRY!) My name is Chris Mastree. I have a very unusual job. I have to test new types of tortures. Don’t believe me? Do you get stabbed with hooks or scalded with hot, electrical, wires that GLOW from the heat!? Then, when you think it’s over, they stuff you in a steaming box and pile more heavy boxes on you for almost a whole year! Finally, you see light, they pull you out, AND THEY START THE WHOLE PROCESS OVER AGAIN!! They’ll never break me, though. I’m tough. Still, it’s ridiculous! I never signed up for this. Yet, here I am. And you thought your job was bad. Ha! You guys are all wimps! Listen to yourselves! Oh no, you got a paper cut. Boo-hoo. You don’t see me, boo-hooing about getting stabbed! So get over it. Oh, by the way, if you hadn’t figured it out, I am a tree. Not just any tree, though. A Christmas tree, the best kind. I see you. I am a living, thinking, being. So stop harassing me, and let me live in peace!

P.S. I’m still not sorry.
Signed,
~Chris Mastree


Merry Christmas from the OCCS middle school! May you, unlike our friend the Christmas tree, be filled with the joy of Christ our Savior come to earth.

But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid, I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord." (Luke 2:10-11)

Comments

Popular Posts